- 17:30Women's World Cup 2031 and 2035: United States and United Kingdom Set to Host
- 17:00International Bar Association conference opens in Marrakech to discuss labor law and diversity
- 17:00Strategic Morocco-U.S. partnership amid new tariffs
- 16:30Morocco participates in international forum on the future of the Mediterranean
- 16:20IMF approves $4.5 billion flexible credit line for Morocco
- 16:00Carlo Ancelotti faces prison sentence for tax fraud in Spain
- 15:50U.S. commitment to NATO remains strong, says Rubio
- 15:30The impact of the US-China trade war on the UK-US special relationship
- 15:20Israeli minister's mosque storming ignites global outrage
Follow us on Facebook
Biden's Unshakable Resolve: Defying Doubters on the Campaign Trail
In a rare primetime interview, President Joe Biden displayed unwavering determination to pursue re-election, dismissing concerns about his age and mental acuity. Speaking with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos on Friday, the 81-year-old commander-in-chief firmly rejected the notion of stepping aside for a younger Democratic candidate, even in the face of mounting pressure from some party officials and donors.
"If the Lord Almighty came down and said, 'Joe, get out of the race,' I'd get out of the race," Biden asserted, his voice resolute. "The Lord Almighty's not coming down."
The interview marked a pivotal moment for the president's campaign as he sought to assuage Democratic fears following his much-criticized debate performance against Donald Trump last week. Biden attributed his lackluster showing to exhaustion and a lingering cold, insisting that he remains the most qualified candidate to defeat his Republican rival.
Throughout the conversation, Stephanopoulos pressed Biden on his capacity to serve another term, questioning if he was in denial about his health and electability. The president, however, remained undeterred, declaring, "I don't think anybody's more qualified to be president or win this race than me."
Later that day, an energized Biden took the stage at a rally in the crucial battleground state of Wisconsin, acknowledging his disastrous debate while reaffirming his commitment to the race. "Here's my answer: I am running and going to win again," he proclaimed to a cheering crowd, dismissing calls for him to "pass the torch."
Biden's defiant stance comes amidst growing concern within the Democratic Party over his age and mental fitness, with some major donors threatening to withhold funds unless he is replaced as the nominee. Reports suggest that the president's senior team is acutely aware of the pressure to make a decision on the future of his candidacy within the next week.
Despite the mounting doubts, Biden has received public support from key allies, including Vice President Kamala Harris, who is seen as a potential successor should the president decide to step down. However, no senior Democrats have openly called for his withdrawal, and Biden himself remains adamant that such a scenario is implausible.
As the campaign prepares for an aggressive comeback, Biden's supporters remain steadfast in their belief in his ability to lead the nation. At the Wisconsin rally, some attendees expressed confidence in the president's capacity to prevail, while others acknowledged growing concerns about his age and performance on the campaign trail.
Amidst the swirling speculation and mounting pressure, one thing remains clear: Joe Biden is determined to defy his doubters and forge ahead in his quest for a second term, undeterred by the challenges that lie ahead.
Comments (0)