Breaking 10:00 Portugal’s tourism revenue reaches nearly €13 billion in the first half of 2026 09:41 Despite rapid growth, public enthusiasm for artificial intelligence is fading 09:20 EU prepares €190 million boost for Morocco’s migration cooperation 09:05 Washington prepares tougher economic pressure campaign against Iran 08:47 Apple reportedly delays camera-equipped AirPods launch 08:30 At least 51 people killed in boat accident in northwestern Nigeria 08:15 Mohamed Ouahbi considers three new faces for Morocco’s upcoming fixtures 16:37 Prudential Strengthens Its Credit Business with $3 Billion GreenSky Loan Deal 16:23 Algeria Hands Over 49 Moroccan Migrants to Morocco at Zouj Bghal Border Post 15:33 Switzerland and China: Agreement Reached to Modernize Their Free Trade Treaty 15:16 Ceuta: UNICEF Calls for Urgent Care for Migrant Minors 15:07 Colombia: 13 Dead After Collapse of Illegal Gold Mine 14:12 Amine Harit reignites his journey at Marseille and earns points with Bruno Genesio 13:56 Egypt: Hossam Hassan hospitalized after a family altercation 13:49 Accuracy Advises A.P. Moller Capital on Its Majority Stake Acquisition in Globex in Morocco 13:44 115 Strike in Paris: After 57 Days of Mobilization, Workers Return to Work 13:28 Japan Prepares for Unprecedented Mission to Mars' Moons 13:09 Youth Day: Moroccan Youth at the Heart of a Stronger Morocco's Ambitions 12:33 FIFA Crisis: UEFA, AFC, and Concacaf Consider Action Against Gianni Infantino 11:20 SFR confirms data breach following cyberattack targeting its fiber subscribers 10:53 Casablanca is set to undergo a major waste transformation with a $1.5 billion energy project 10:52 Moroccan Phosphate Becomes a Strategic Issue for U.S. Food Security

Sudan’s Army Chief rejects U.S.-backed quad truce proposal

Monday 24 November 2025 - 17:05
By: Sahili Aya
Sudan’s Army Chief rejects U.S.-backed quad truce proposal

Sudan’s army chief and head of the Sovereign Council, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, sharply criticized a cease-fire proposal presented by the U.S.-supported Quad Mechanism, calling the document “unacceptable” and accusing Washington’s envoy Massad Boulos of bias. His remarks came during a meeting with senior military officers, according to an official statement released on Sunday.

Burhan claimed that the proposal, delivered by Boulos, undermines the Sudanese Armed Forces by advocating the dissolution of security institutions while allowing the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) to maintain control of their current positions. Although he did not reveal the full content of the document, he insisted it represented the “worst” proposal submitted to Sudan during the conflict.

The Quad — comprising Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the UAE, and the United States — previously called on Sept. 12 for a three-month humanitarian truce to enable aid access across Sudan, followed by a nine-month transitional roadmap aimed at establishing an accountable civilian government.

Burhan warned that continued mediation along the same lines would be viewed as non-neutral. He accused Boulos of issuing threats, including allegations that the Sudanese government obstructed humanitarian convoys or used chemical weapons. “This document is unacceptable,” he said, insisting that any negotiations must be guided by the Sudanese government’s own roadmap, unveiled in February.

Khartoum’s plan centers on launching an inclusive national dialogue, forming a technocratic government, and requiring all armed groups to withdraw from civilian areas as a precondition for talks.

Burhan also rejected U.S. claims suggesting “Muslim Brotherhood influence” within the army, dismissing the allegations as misinformation used to pressure regional actors. He accused the RSF of committing acts of “genocide and ethnic cleansing” and said unnamed countries and political groups were supporting the militia in ways Sudan considers unacceptable.

“We are not advocates of war, nor do we reject peace,” Burhan said. “But no one can threaten us or impose conditions on us.”

Since April 2023, Sudan has been engulfed in a devastating conflict between the army and the RSF, with regional and international mediation efforts repeatedly failing to secure a lasting cease-fire. The war has killed thousands and displaced millions.


  • Fajr
  • Sunrise
  • Dhuhr
  • Asr
  • Maghrib
  • Isha

Read more

This website, walaw.press, uses cookies to provide you with a good browsing experience and to continuously improve our services. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to the use of these cookies.