Breaking 16:37 Prudential Strengthens Its Credit Business with $3 Billion GreenSky Loan Deal 16:23 Algeria Hands Over 49 Moroccan Migrants to Morocco at Zouj Bghal Border Post 15:33 Switzerland and China: Agreement Reached to Modernize Their Free Trade Treaty 15:16 Ceuta: UNICEF Calls for Urgent Care for Migrant Minors 15:07 Colombia: 13 Dead After Collapse of Illegal Gold Mine 14:12 Amine Harit reignites his journey at Marseille and earns points with Bruno Genesio 13:56 Egypt: Hossam Hassan hospitalized after a family altercation 13:49 Accuracy Advises A.P. Moller Capital on Its Majority Stake Acquisition in Globex in Morocco 13:44 115 Strike in Paris: After 57 Days of Mobilization, Workers Return to Work 13:28 Japan Prepares for Unprecedented Mission to Mars' Moons 13:09 Youth Day: Moroccan Youth at the Heart of a Stronger Morocco's Ambitions 12:33 FIFA Crisis: UEFA, AFC, and Concacaf Consider Action Against Gianni Infantino 11:20 SFR confirms data breach following cyberattack targeting its fiber subscribers 10:53 Casablanca is set to undergo a major waste transformation with a $1.5 billion energy project 10:52 Moroccan Phosphate Becomes a Strategic Issue for U.S. Food Security 10:05 Italy: 15 Algerians Arrested After Boat Arrival Near Cagliari 09:46 The dirham appreciates against the dollar but declines against the euro 09:29 Tunisia: Opposition Gears Up for New Mobilization Against Kais Saied 09:19 François Fillon suspended from the Legion of Honor for ten years following the fake jobs scandal 09:00 Morocco-Turkey: Turkish Exports Exceed 2.4 Billion Dollars in Seven Months 08:58 China: Evergrande Founder Sentenced to Life in Prison, a New Symbol of the Real Estate Crisis 08:55 CAN 2027: Nine African Teams Choose Morocco to Host Their Matches 08:41 Anniversary of the King and People's Revolution: Royal Pardon for 935 Individuals 08:36 Trump Intensifies Pressure on Iran and Promises Unprecedented Economic Offensive 08:27 Syria: Israel Katz Blames Erdogan for Leading Turkey into Dangerous Escalation 08:21 Mayotte: Edouard Philippe Intensifies His Immigration Rhetoric and Calls for Total Control 08:00 Iran: a foreign national executed following January anti-government protests 07:42 War in Ukraine: Zelensky denounces Russian escalation and calls for international response 07:31 Panama Canal: CK Hutchison Claims $1.5 Billion from Panama 07:14 Kashmir: Pakistan Summons US Representative After Pro-India Remarks 07:04 United States: National Debt Surpasses $40 Trillion for the First Time 06:47 HM King Mohammed VI congratulates Hungary's new president 19:05 US Justice Department charges 17 Iranians over alleged cyberattacks on universities and companies 18:44 South Africa faces renewed investment concerns after offshore exploration ruling

IAEA chief says war cannot eliminate Iran nuclear program

Monday 23 March 2026 - 10:50
By: Dakir Madiha
IAEA chief says war cannot eliminate Iran nuclear program

The head of the United Nations nuclear watchdog has warned that military action cannot fully dismantle Iran’s nuclear program, stressing that only diplomacy can address the long-term risks.

Rafael Grossi, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, told CBS News that no conventional war could erase Iran’s nuclear capabilities. He said only a catastrophic nuclear conflict could achieve that outcome, a scenario he described as unacceptable.

Grossi made the remarks in an interview aired on Face the Nation as the US and Israeli military campaign against Iran entered its fourth week. He emphasized that even sustained attacks would not eliminate Iran’s nuclear ambitions or technical capacity.

His comments came as Iran’s Natanz enrichment facility was struck again on Saturday, marking the fourth attack on nuclear-related sites since the offensive began on February 28. The IAEA said it had been informed of the strike and confirmed that no increase in off-site radiation levels had been detected. Grossi renewed calls for restraint to avoid the risk of a nuclear accident.

Natanz, located about 220 kilometers southeast of Tehran, has been repeatedly targeted, including during earlier strikes in 2025. Iranian authorities said no radioactive material had been released following the latest attack.

Grossi acknowledged that previous US strikes had significantly delayed Iran’s program, particularly those targeting Fordo, Natanz and Isfahan. However, he said the country retains the expertise and industrial capacity needed to restart enrichment activities. He added that Iran’s stockpile of uranium enriched to 60 percent remains a concern, as it is close to weapons-grade levels.

Despite the escalation, Grossi said diplomatic channels remain open. He confirmed ongoing contacts with both Washington and Tehran and expressed hope that IAEA inspectors could return to Iranian facilities when conditions allow. Prior to the conflict, indirect talks between the United States and Iran were underway through mediation by Oman, including discussions on reducing Iran’s enriched uranium stockpile.

At the same time, Israeli officials signaled further escalation. Defense Minister Israel Katz said the intensity of US and Israeli strikes would increase in the coming days.


  • Fajr
  • Sunrise
  • Dhuhr
  • Asr
  • Maghrib
  • Isha

Read more

This website, walaw.press, uses cookies to provide you with a good browsing experience and to continuously improve our services. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to the use of these cookies.